Prof. dr Predrag Cvetković
, Full Professor
Professor Cvetkovic started his academic career at the Faculty of Law, University of Niš, in the year 1996. He graduated from the Faculty of Law in Niš in 1995 His Master's thesis on "Conclusion of an international sale of goods" was defended in the year 2000 at the Faculty of Law in Niš. He defended his LL.D. dissertation thesis on "International legal protection of foreign investments against non-commercial risks" at the Faculty of Law in Niš in 2005. Professor Cvetkovic was elected for the position of Assistant Professor in the year 2006, for Associate Professor in the year 2011, and for Full Professor in the year 2015.
Professor Cvetkovic teaches the following subjects at undergraduate, graduate (master) and postgraduate (doctoral) levels of studies: International Trade Law, Insurance Law, Law of Foreign Trade and Foreign Investment, and Transportation Law.
The main fields of his scientific interests include International Commercial Law, Law on Foreign Investments, Public-private Partnership regulation, regulation of international trade (CEFTA, WTO) and settlement of trade and investments disputes.
His professional portfolio includes, among others, the following positions and responsibilities:
- a Member of the team representing the Republic of Serbia in investment disputes;
- listed arbitrator of the Foreign Trade Arbitration Court at Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Serbia, as well the arbitrator of its Permanent court;
- The Assistant of the Mayor of the City of Niš for international economic cooperation and foreign investments (2008-2012), in charge of projects in the field of the urban management, local economic development and foreign investments;
- an authorized lecturer of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development;
- a Legal officer in the Project European PROGRES Program, designed to support sustainable development in Serbia;
- an author and a teacher at the distance learning course implemented by the SKGO (Standing Conference of Cities and Municipalities of Republic of Serbia);
- a member of project teams implementing the PPP concept in the field of solid waste treatment and biomass.